Lao P.D.R.: Müang Sing
Report about two expeditions in 1996 and 1998
- house; village, prefix of place names; smallest unit
- (pronounce "C" like "j" in "joy")
title for princes and nobles
- Cao Ban
- herein: lord of the town, of the region
- Cao Müang
- original: ruler of the town, lord of the principality
nowadays: chief of the district
- Cao Fa
- District; town
(notice: the name "Müang Sing" is used for
the town as well as for the plain of the river Sing)
- water; abbreviation of Maenam (=river)
- buddhist monastery; temple
© Volker Grabowsky / Walther Kaspar-Sickermann
The use of these texts, plans, sketches and photos in the internet
is permitted only whith a LINK to this original URL.
In other media (e.g. prints) the authors and this URL must be mentioned.
Abridged versions are allowed (with the permission of the authors)
provided that they do not distort facts.
As there will be addenda and improvements you should mention
the date of quoting.
This report originally was deposed at the University of Applied
There it was deleted on 15th Nov 2018.
Thanks to the HGT for deposing the report on their server,